It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when you, or someone close to you, is diagnosed with dementia. You may not be aware of the support available to help you maintain independence and live well.
That’s why at Dementia Australia, we help individuals, couples and families:
- think about the future
- identify goals and priorities
- access supports and services
- manage dementia symptoms and live well.
Through various support services and programs, we can help you:
- increase your understanding of dementia
- connect with healthcare professionals and support agencies
- continue daily activities such as personal care, household tasks, shopping, preparing meals, managing finances, appointments and taking medications
- maintain hobbies and interests that support your health and wellbeing
- stay socially connected to family and friends.
We offer individualised support to people of all ages diagnosed with dementia. It is also available to your family member or support person. Work with a skilled Dementia Australia staff member over six sessions. Receive personalised information to help you manage your diagnosis and live well.